Did you attend the Jul 6 (1- 4 pm) "Tenant Appreciation" with such short notice scheduling? Comments?
Occasion importante de commenter ! Important opportunity to comment on 2100 Lambert-Closse construction project
Historic Tours in Montreal - https://link.logilys.com/v/443/2f00c9aeda20103476878bfad98acd5debe97cf89e637565
April 2022 Meeting Notes / 11 avril 2022 Notes de la réunion
Zoom Meeting was called to order at 7:15 pm on 11 April 2022.
Instructions for meeting using zoom were provided.
Interim board members Robert Ohayon, Gabrielle Bonin, Mitchell Davey, Linda Bujold gave a few introductory remarks about themselves.
John Hall, Michelle Leveque, Diana Nicholson have also served as interim board members during development, but not present at the start of the meeting.
Gabrielle Bonin spoke on objectives of association:
Build a sense of community,
Share common interests and challenges,
Support collective tenants’ rights,
Grow in numbers and create safe and connected community, and
Connect with other associations of Minto tenants
Robert Ohayon indicated that this is a meeting for all tenants, not just interim board.
We will begin regular correspondence for tenants as of this meeting. He gave the charge to create a formal, term-serving board accordingly, with volunteers to support the association. The need is for each building to be represented with volunteers.
Gabrielle Bonin added that the board has a small and structured legal purpose and has a limited membership. We need active volunteers for each building to assure the association functions.
Robert Ohayon covered membership, membership cost ($30 per household per year) and value of the commitment to the health of the association. He made remarks on recruitment. The first step is to talk to our neighbors about the value of membership.
After the first wave of recruitment only one third of the Haddon Hall tenants are members of the Association. We have set up the following plan (dates will be addressed later).
First phase: e-mail the initial invitation letter and the survey to our contact current list. Meanwhile, current members will recruit by talking to neighbors.
Second phase: e-mail contact with non-responders to the First Phase e-mailing.
Third phase: door to door recruitment focusing on non-responders of the First and Second Phases and tenants who are not on current contact lists.
Question and comments session
Has the previous survey yielded any special talents and interests to help the association besides being on the board? Under review and some prospects. Dawn will share with the board. Possible Board candidates (Natalie MacDougall , Joyce Borenstein, and Beverley Caplan) were recognized and will be considered at a future date. We must recruit members and volunteers from the Lincoln Ave buildings
TAL indicates 1.4% (later corrected to 1.9%). Valid increases are related to infrastructure costs and energy costs, but not necessarily by property tax and insurance costs. Recently renovated apartments should already reflect increases. Taxes were frozen in 2021.
Tips and advises on negotiating 2022 rent increases:
1. It’s understood that one is not asking for any improvement such as installing washing machine & dryer, or repainting the apartment i.e. improvements of the apartment as opposed to maintenance.
2. If the increase is not in agreement with the 1.9% increase TAL suggests for our type of buildings heated with gas, notify Minto’s Management immediately in writing and make a proposal of how much you want to pay.
3. Ask for a face-to-face rent-increase negotiation meeting with Minto’s Management. Set your limits to what increase you wish.
4. If the negotiation doesn’t come to a favorable conclusion, let Minto take you to the TAL. You are not required to take Minto to the TAL. They must agree with you or take you to the TAL.
5. Keep the Association posted on any new development so we may share relevant information or take action. In the future, the Association will try to negotiate a set rent-increase for all the tenants. Meanwhile, we advised a few tenants on how to handle their current rent-increase.
Robert Ohayon indicated notes will be published and Byron confirmed the recording and posting of the meeting on the association YouTube video library if needed. (The meeting was conducted in English).
Next board and general meeting will be in June. Meeting was closed at 8:35 pm
Interim Board of Directors: